Viewwines, Two Hands Wines Facilities, Wine Reviews & Wine Types produced by Two Hands Wines winery. & . Get Wine Delivered Australia wide.
The 'Two Hands' are that of Michael Twelftree and Richard Mintz. who formed the company in 1999 with the principal intention of making top class South Australian Shiraz. Since then the business has expanded to cover a whole host of interesting full flavoured wines.
Two Hands HistoryAfter deciding to setup the company in 1999, it was the 2000 vintage that first kicked things off for Two Hands, with Mclaren Vale and Padthaway Shiraz the first fruit into the winery. Since then the company has grown significantly, with a particularly strong presence in the USA no doubt helped by Robert Parker proclaiming, in 2004, that Two Hands was "the finest negociant operation south of the equator"
Two Hands Philosophy'From the beginning, we have set out to build a wine company that is different in its approach, one that is innovative and not afraid to think outside the square. We want to put some fun back into wine.' Michael Twelftree and Richard Mintz
Two Hands WinemakingThere are several core values that the Two Hands winemaking team revolve their winemaking around, including (to quote directly)
- Quality, without compromise, in all the decisions from fruit and oak selection to packaging and promotion.
- Differentiaton - desire to be unique, fun and innovative in our business approach while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- To make our wines by a process of barrel classification - selecting the very best barrels for the Flagship Range followed by the Garden Series then our Picture Series.
- This is achieved by sourcing the best parcels of fruit available to us from six prime regions within Australia.
- To handle every parcel of fruit, no matter how small, separately from crushing through to fermentation and oak maturation to ensure complexity and personality in the finished wines.
- To allow fruit to be the primary feature of all our wines with oak playing a supporting role.
Two Hands Wine Types
The Two Hands wine range is massive to say the least. However the emphasis of the range is undoubtedly Shiraz. In fact there are some 14 straight Shiraz in the Two Hands portfolio, sourced from vineyards all over South Australia. Complementing these are a brace of South Australian styles, heavy on the full bodied reds, plus some lovely NE Victorian fortifieds and - not forgetting - a range of reds from the Napa Valley! We did say it was diverse...
|Wine Region||Barossa Valley|
|Address||Neldner Road, Marananga, SA, 5355, Australia|
|Phone||(08) 8568 7900|
Two Hands have established themselves as Shiraz specialists, taking plots of fruits from various South Australian regions and there putting their own unique spin on them in the winery. This wine is made up of Shiraz fruit from Padthaway and illust...
The booming success of Moscato in Australia has been quite an amazing thing to watch, with the style absolutely exploding in popularity over a very short space of time. The secret, perhaps, to Moscato's huge following is that it is so joyously fre...
One sip of this glorious Barossa wine and you’ll want the Angel’s share for yourself. This exciting and relative newcomer on the South Australian wine scene has hit the ground running with a number of its releases. This shows the McLaren Vale at i...