Get $25 off... Register now!

2013 San Marzano Sessantani Primitivo Di Manduria DOP

product
SAVE
30
%
  • medal
Cracka Rating

RRP $64.99 per bottle

Our Price $44.99

Case Price

$269.94 (6 x 750ml)

Save $120.05

cracka review

If you never venture outside Oz for your fix, now is the time to start! The 2013 San Marzano Sessantani Primitivo Di Manduria DOP sets new records for decadent flavour. If you enjoy ultra-generous Barossa Shiraz then this is something new for you to try.

How good is it? Well just check out this list of accolades for a start:

  • Gold Medal - Mundus Vini 2016 Summer Tasting
  • 4 Viti - Vitae 2017 AIS
  • Gold Medal - Berliner Wein Trophy Summer Tasting 2016
  • Gold Medal - Gilbert & Gaillard International Competition 2016
  • Gold Medal - International Wine Contest Bucharest 2016
  • Puglia Wine of the Year - China Wine & Spirits Awards 2016
  • Double Gold Medal - China Wine & Spirits Awards 2016
  • Gold Medal - Challenge International du Vin 2017

Not to mention Italy's answer to Robert Parker, Luca Maroni, who gave this a monster 98 points.

If you're a fan of full-bodied reds, then this Italian stallion will knock you for six.

expert reviews

Luca Maroni (2013 Vintage) says
98

winemaker's notes

Wine category: Protected Designation of Origin.

Vine variety: Primitivo.

Production area: Very old vineyards, selected in San Marzano and Sava. The soil is mainly “red earth”, with a fine texture and a generally calcareous underground with few emerging rocks. The well-known redness of these soils is due to the presence of iron oxides. The climate is characterised by high temperatures all year round, very little rainfall and a wide temperature range between night and day, which has a positive influence on the quality of the grapes. This is the central area of d.o.p. “Primitivo di Manduria”.

Vinification: Grapes are hand-harvested in advanced status of ripening. 18 days on 80% of the mass, 25 days on remaining 20% (with selected autochthonous yeasts). Thermo-controlled alcoholic fermentation at 24-26°C. 12 months in fine French and American wood barrels.

Ageing potential: A wine that preserves its organoleptic characteristics for 7 years.

Tasting notes: Intense ruby red colour, wide and complex to the nose, fruity, with a prune and cherry jam aroma, with notes of tobacco, slightly spicy. A full-bodied wine, soft and rich in fine tannins, with notes of cocoa, coffee and vanilla in the end.

Best served with: Red meat, game, savoury first courses. Meditation wine. Serve around 18°C.

Awards & recognition:
Gold Medal - Mundus Vini 2016 Summer Tasting
98 Points - Annuario dei Migliori Vini Italiani Luca Maroni 2017
4 Viti - Vitae 2017 AIS
Gold Medal - Berliner Wein Trophy Summer Tasting 2016
Gold Medal - Gilbert & Gaillard International Competition 2016
Gold Medal - International Wine Contest Bucharest 2016
Puglia Wine of the Year - China Wine & Spirits Awards 2016
Double Gold Medal - China Wine & Spirits Awards 2016
Gold Medal - Challenge International du Vin 2017

Discover more about

2013 San Marzano Sessantani Primitivo Di Manduria DOP