Invest in Cracka Wines... Click here!

Seville Estate The Barber Pinot Gris

Cracka Rating

Cracka Review

The Barber of Seville was a celebrated opera and this play on words from Seville Estate shows the harmony of site, vineyard and winemaker delivering wine that is music to the palate. It’s influenced by the wines of Alsace, so you can guarantee there’s texture and body on the palate making it a food friendly wine. It’s laden with varietal aromas of pear, apple and spice before an unctuous palate that ends with refreshing acids. It would be perfect with roast pork and crispy potatoes.

Winemaker's Notes

Handpicked and whole bunch pressed, 80% barrel fermented in old (>6yr) barriques, 40% wild yeast and matured on lees for 6 months. This wine reflects Dylan’s experience in Alsace. The wine shows classic varietal characters of honey, pear and spice; a complex viscous mouth feel is followed with great acidity that tightens and freshness the finish. Fruit is sourced from 2 vineyards in the Yarra Valley making up 80% with the remaining 20% coming from Beechworth.

Seville Estate Wine Awards & Accolades

Silver Medal: 2009 Australian Small Winemakers Show
Silver Medal: 2009 Australian Alternative Varieties Show

expert reviews about

Seville Estate The Barber Pinot Gris

Expert Reviews

WINESTATE (2009 Vintage) says
Very European in style, with some lovely aged notes starting to come through. Toasty minerally/grassy nose and complex and perfectly balanced palate. True varietal.
Winestate
WINESTATE (2008 Vintage) says
Delicate lemon/lime and green apple bouquet. Fresh, clean palate tending towards a neutral dry white.
Winestate 20082009

real reviews

real customers